Tuesday 26 June 2012

Prime Number - Harry Harrison (1975) Peter Elson

Here's another picture that's done the rounds over the years but which appears to have started life as the  cover for a Harry Harrison short story collection entitled; Prime Number.  The art is by Peter Elson and we will be back in the future to look at more examples of his painted spacemen.

I'll dedicate this to Mr Primate, a blog follower who helped out with a previous post but also for reminding me of this image and how good it is.

Enjoy

Steve

3 comments:

  1. Ta very much like!

    Right, off to find out what Partchimp sound like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this - I probably bought it because of the cover, which had been in one of those Spacebase 2000 / Terran Trade Federation books. Odd blend of 2001 helmet and jetpack. I'm sure some of his other paintings ended up on a couple of the Stainless Steel Rat books, so perhaps Harrison's publishers were fans of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right. He did some very nice covers for the sphere editions back in the late 70's.

    ReplyDelete