Wednesday 24 April 2013

Unidentified Flying Oddball (1979)

The Spaceman and King Arthur...
Or... Unidentified Flying Oddball.  Same film, different titles. It's based on Mark Twain's book;  A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court  or  A Yankee in King Arthur's Court as it was originally known.  Confusing or what!  I've never read the book but I have seen the film, a very long time ago.  I think it was entertaining enough for the time although it wasn't Star Wars so it probably had a lot to live up to and was never going to manage it.  Interestingly, all these years later, I know which one I'd sit down to watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy the pictures









Steve

2 comments:

  1. This was one of those oddball Disney movies from the late 1970's and 80's, like TRON, the Last Flight of Noah's Ark, and Black Hole. This should be remade in a gritty realistic manner. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you say that but I could see such a thing. Will Smith in the lead roll! Stranger films have been remade.

    ReplyDelete