Wednesday 12 November 2014

Shockwave Darkside (2014)

It is the last Great War and lunar troops are sent into battle for the precious resource. However, one squad is shot down and the five surviving soldiers find themselves stranded. Cut off and behind enemy lines, they start a dangerous journey through snipers and minefields back to their extraction point with only 36 hours of oxygen left. As their numbers dwindle and nerves fray, they make an amazing discovery about the moon that just might save their lives.



This seems to have taken a long time coming.  I'm sure I've had these images in the files for a couple of years.  Weird aren't they, all sort of angular and cornery.


Steve

6 comments:

  1. Those would have to be some of the strangest looking suits I`ve ever seen,I wonder if its a stylistic or budgetary choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd aren't they. Have a sort of folded paper look to them

      Delete
    2. Thats exactly what I thought,a part of me wonders if they`re made out of cardboard or perhaps plasticard of some sort tho it does make a nice change to a modded motorcycle helmet.Personally if I was going to do a low budget SF film I`d go for our good friend the russian GSh-6A

      Delete
  2. I've read the comic, those angular suits are in that too, so maybe it's a design feature, perhaps conceived to emulate the look of modern ceramic tank armour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rifles are re-painted NERF blasters - Recon and Longstrikes with different barrels. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rifles are re-painted NERF blasters - Recon and Longstrikes with different barrels. ;)

    ReplyDelete